Thursday, January 07, 2016

Pita Pizza - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!

 Welcome to Show and Tell Friday!

I can't remember if I've shared this recipe before or not but I made it Thursday night so I thought I would snap some photos of the process.

I started making this about 3 years ago when I lost a ton of weight.  I think I made it about once a week back then.  I've gained some of that weight back (luckily not all of it) so I decided to start eating some of the things I did back then and this is one of my favorites. 

Yep...one of my New Year's resolutions is to lose weight!


Now I use Pocket Thins, they are only 3 Weight Watchers points!  (Oh by the way, I'm NOT getting paid to promote any of these products).  
Instead of pizza sauce I use 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese (only 35 calories a wedge), which I spread on the Pocket Thin....



On top of the Laughing Cow cheese I pile on a bunch of fresh spinach...

 Tonight I sauteed some onions and added those. In the past I've used red onions or green onions.


I usually don't add cheddar cheese but tonight I did.  That's the great thing about these...you can add anything that sounds good...


 I added a little reduced-fat feta cheese (blue cheese is good too), some roasted red peppers (love these!) and some grape tomatoes...


This is one of my favorite things to add to so many dishes...it's Gourmet Garden basil paste which is available in the produce section of the grocery store. I just squirt a little on here and there. It has the flavor of pesto without all the oil...

 Now it's ready to go in the oven...


I bake it in a 375 degree preheated oven, directly on the rack with a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch anything that falls off.  Bake it until it's heated through and the cheese melts...about 15 minutes or so...


 
 Slice and enjoy! It has so much flavor!


 **********


Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments!  


 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog.

NOTE:  There is still time to enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card on my Marie Callender's pie post! Click here to enter if you haven't already done so!


[signature.gif]

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Cindy - your pizza looks delicious - I make a similar one on pita bread :)
Thanks so much for hosting - hope this year brings you nothing but happiness - I know you had a rough time the last few months.
XOX

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Cindy, your healthy pizza looks wonderful! I need to eat healthier too!
Best wishes for the New Year!
Gina

French pretties said...

Happy New Year Cindy and thanks for the party! xoxo

Calypso In The Country said...

Thanks for hosting! Enjoy your weekend!
Shelley

Unknown said...

we love pizza over here! nom nom :) Thanks for the party and enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

Linking up!

quakerhillfarm said...

Looks so yummy! Have a great weekend! Lynn

Curtains in My Tree said...


Ya This Missouri gal needs to watch her weight a little closer like you California gals do

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

The Pita Pizza sounds wonderful. I'm definitely going to try it. Thanks for hosting and I'm glad you are back. sb

Mindi@MyLove2Create said...

Yum that pizza looks so good! Thanks for the party Cindy!

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello beautiful! Thank you for the amazing party! Please take a moment to stop by our party that goes until Friday @ 7. We pin and tweet everything! Happy New Year! Lou Lou Girls

robin said...

The pizza looks really good. I am a cheese lover for life!
But I can no longer have it. :-(
No dairy whatsoever for me. Even eggs. Food sensitivities. :-(

I have hypothyroidism and I could not get off the last 10 pounds to save my life. I'm talking about YEARS here. NOTHING was budging. I drink 80 oz of water a day, too.

I was walking, going to the gym...eating NO snacks...no sugar(fills my body with that yucky YEAST)....no dairy. No soy (another allergy)...and ESPECIALLY NOT GOOD for women with THYROID DISEASE!!!

I found a NEW way to eat ....DO NOT EAT CEREAL! Or pancakes! I was eating organic oat cereal or buckwheat pancakes. I THOUGHT I was eating "well". I started eating PROTEIN for breakfast. A turkey burger or grass fed beef burger. Bacon is actually good too. And eggs. (But I can't have those so...)

Some days I added some caramelized onions to my burger. IN TWO WEEKS I had dropped weight! And in ONE month I had lost IT ALL! I didn't change anything else except I started going to the chiropractor due to a car accident.I was not even going to the gym at this point!!! No walking or weights AT ALL.

I think the chiro might have added to my success...getting my body back in alignment. My back was all outa whack BEFORE the accident from sitting all "leany" while on the couch and at my computer. People don't realize how our spines affect EVERYTHING.

Anyway...my daughter has horticulture class and she learned something from watching a documentary that makes a TON of sense. Human babies drink their mom's milk up to a certain age then eat FOOD. Animal babies drink their mom's milk up to a certain age. Then no more!

Why is the world do we drink COW and GOAT milk??????
We are being fooled that it is good for us. But in reality animal milk is the cause of osteoporosis. Who cares what the "world" says...they are WRONG.

I say this to say...try cutting out dairy...and yes that means CHEESE...oh I know it is hard!!! But it may just save your bones! Don't go to soy cheese...soy is also really not good for us...it is processed. You want TRUE soy...go to JAPAN and see how it is supposed to be grown and used.

I am glad I have these sensitivities cuz I would definitely be fighting a battle...dairy lover that I am!!! (I miss ice cream!!! I do have frozen coconut milk sometimes and it is GOOD)

I make a pizza crust using no yeast (can't have that either).
I use flour (not good to eat too much grain),water, stevia. I top it with tomato puree made into sauce ...zucchini cooked in olive oil on the grill...and grilled chicken.

I have made my crust from zucchini....MAN THAT WAS GOOD!!! And I have also used almond flour.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents for those who are fighting the battle I was....can't get that weight off no matter WHAT!

Good luck!

Now ya got me thinkin of cheese....MMMM....hahaha

Heirloom treasures said...

Sounds yummy, I think that will be lunch today. I'm going to try cooking it in the Webber Q on the pizza stone.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Cindy, looks good to me! Can't wait to check out some of these links. And I'm so hoping to win your giveaway as my "simple" re-do of the bedroom is getting to cost waaaay more than I had thought!

Cindy Lou said...

Looks delicious! Going to try this Saturdayq night! Thanks!

Joy Junktion said...

Oh my goodness, I am finding so many wonderful recipes tonight. I may be making new meals all week. Thanks for sharing this one. Blessings, Cindy

Melissa said...

Thanks for hosting Cindy!

Debbie said...

My mouth is watering after reading your post! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Hope your holidays were wonderful, Cindy! Happy New Year!
Debbie

Unknown said...

bellissimo il tuo blog!
ti seguo con piacere
simona:)