Thursday, October 16, 2014

A New Soup Tureen - Show and Tell Friday

Pin It Now!

 
Welcome to Show and Tell Friday! A nice neighbor of mine that has never read my blog or never been in my apartment saw this soup tureen at an antique store bought it for me! He's only walked by my apartment before but he thought it looked like something I might like. 
 
I'm on a main walkway so everyone can see in!  I told him I feel like I live in a fishbowl so on my birthday he gave me a fishbowl with gold fish!  They lasted about a week...I'm not good with keeping those alive and honestly although it was a nice gesture, I thought my goldfish days were long gone now that my kids are grown!
 

As you can see from my photo below I collect white soup tureens!
 
I wanted to put this one in with the others in my blue cabinet but it's too big! I'll always find a place for a new soup tureen though! 
 
 Now I think I'll have a soup party for some of my nice neighbors! 
 
 
Thanks to all of you that join in on Show and Tell Friday every week and thanks to all of you who leave such nice comments! 

 If you are joining in on Show and Tell Friday, please remember that your Show and Tell needs to be something from your home or garden. If you would like to join in, please enter your name and leave your exact Show and Tell blog post link, not just your blog link and as a common courtesy link back to my blog
Note: Sorry for not having this post up at my usual time...6pm PT on Thursday night but the SF Giants are in the playoffs and I've been preoccupied with that!  I'm actually writing this post as I watch the game! Go Giants!
 
[signature.gif]

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I have 3 soup tureens - the beginning of a collection lol - yours are just beautiful !
Thanks so much for hosting
Hugs,
Suzan

Unknown said...

Love partying with you Cindy :) I have always wanted a toureen but where would I put it? Maybe one day.

Nita Stacy said...

I think it sounds like your neighbor is sweet on you. I'm sure he is hoping you'll invite him in for soup!

Nita
ModVintageLife

Thanks for the party!

Poppy said...

Such a sweet gesture! Thanks for hosting, Cindy, and have a nice weekend!

Poppy

Our Hopeful Home said...

I collect soup tureens, too. They are definitely addicting!
xoKathleen

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Cindy, thank you so much for hosting. Beautiful tureen and sounds like a beautiful friendship??. It's nice to have good neighbors..Happy Thursday..Judy

Heirloom treasures said...

Lovely neighbour to be so kind.Your soup tureen collection is lovely.

Tweetybird said...

You may not be too happy in your new digs. However, you have a very nice neighbor. At the end of the day, it's the people in our lives that bring us joy. Regardless of his intentions, pay it forward!!

Curtains in My Tree said...

what a nice neighbor

The Charm of Home said...

I love your new soup tureen! Wonderful find! Thanks for hosting!
Sherry

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh Cindy, I think he is your utmost admirer, lol! I adore white tureens and your gifted one is gorgeous! I have a lovely one my mom gave me many years ago...course, I have very many with a pattern and another elegant white from my Noritake dishes.
Thanks for the party and have a lovely weekend.
FABBY

NanaDiana said...

What a great story. I love that he had peeked into your place often enough to know what you liked. How funny! Maybe he was trying to catch a glimpse of YOU?!! Have a wonderful weekend- xo Diana

Jen Beaudet said...

Love your new soup tureen Cindy! Thank you for throwing this party!:)

Unknown said...

Cindy,
Thank you so much for hosting this party for us each week. I look forward to it every Friday!
Have a great weekend,
Cheryl

Karen said...

That was so sweet of your neighbor. I have neighbors who wont even give you your mail if its delivered to them by mistake! It's a beautiful tureen, I love collecting them too. Thanks for hosting Cindy, have a great weekend.

Sara Chapman said...

I agree that it sounds like he likes you a lot. But I sure wonder why you don't put up lace curtains for privacy!